Did you get to try our continental breakfast or our granola breakfast during your last stay? We have had several requests for our recipe and thought you may want to have it. It is quick and simple!
6 cups rolled oats (not instant)
6 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
half teaspoon kosher salt
2/3 cup honey
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup sliced almonds
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees F and arrange a rack in the middle
- Place oats, seeds, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine: Set aside.
- Place the honey, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to combine. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until the oats are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then stir and continue baking until the granola is very light golden brown – about 8-10 minutes more.
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and cool the granola to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
Stir into cooled granola mix.
Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Send us pictures of your gourmet breakfast! Bon appétit!